Central Michigan University (CMU) College of Medicine and CMU Health in Saginaw, MI is looking for full-time fellowship trained inpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist to join our team. CMU Health supports several residency programs including psychiatry and many of our physicians have teaching responsibilities for residents and medical students. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are dedicated to education and provision of excellent care to our communities. CMU Health’s affiliated hospitals are located, in the Great Lakes Bay Region – admired for its friendly communities and great quality of life.
Why choose CMU College of Medicine?
- Opportunity to teach, treat and lead positive change throughout the region
- Time allocations for research and academic pursuits
- Medium-sized city within a friendly community
- Low cost of living, ample housing, easy commute to large cities and international airport
- Vibrant local attractions and outdoor activities
- Flexibility to fit candidates into the appropriate setting for the development of candidate and success of program
Position Description: This is an academic faculty position at Assistant/Associate Professor level through the College of Medicine in the Department of Psychiatry. This position will be responsible for direct inpatient care and will work as leader of a multi-disciplinary team at an inpatient site that includes not only psychiatry residents but also rotating residents from our internal medicine and family medicine programs, medical students, social workers, nurses, and recreation therapists. Our clinical sites are the main training sites for our psychiatry residency and medical school clerkship rotations. Faculty are expected to administer and maintain a professional educational environment conducive to educating the learners and are expected to participate in scholarly activity, faculty development, patient safety and quality improvement initiatives and didactics. The Psychiatry department values and supports the growth, academic development, and advancement of its faculty members. Our strong collaborative partnerships support our educational mission, and offer state-of-the-art facilities including a new, technologically advanced simulation training center.
- MD or equivalent Degree
- State of Michigan licensed or eligible
- Board certified/Board eligible through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Geriatric Psychiatry
Compensation Package may include:
- Excellent benefits package
- Commencement bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Four (4) weeks of PTO
- CME allowance with (5) five days
- Visa Sponsorship
- 403b CMU Health retirement plan
- Excellent medical, dental, vision insurance
- License(s) expense