This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and educational programs in the VinUniversity College of Health Sciences. VinUni desires a collegial, collaborative, outstanding medical educator with a significant higher medical education career (particularly in residency program leadership).
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership in higher education curriculum design, development and implementation in the University sector specifically in graduate medical education programs, and maintains a broad collaborative network.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. VinUni and Vingroup offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursuit a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.
Reports to: Vice Dean of Medical Education
Medical education program development and leadership
- The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Penn and VinUni educational leaders, and Program Directors of Pediatrics / Surgery / Internal Medicine Residency, Directors of the MD Program as well as the Vinmec Hospital Clinical leaderboard on all aspects of the development and implementation of the Pediatrics / Surgery / Internal Medicine Program.
- Take a lead and responsibility for the development and implementation of the curriculum for the Pediatrics / Surgery / Internal Medicine program.
- Provide leadership on course development, curriculum development and implementation, course quality assurance and improvement, and professional accreditation for Residency education programs at VinUni.
- Provide leadership at course levels for implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency-based medical education, student centered learning, clinical teacher appraisal and articulation to post-graduate programs.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the course ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the course.
- Manage and oversee budgets for strategic funds allocated to course development.
Human Resource development, mentoring, and clinical teaching
- The candidate is also expected to maintain leadership and mentorship capability in advising Vinmec and other partner hospital team members within their area of expertise to build up the clinical faculty team for Pediatrics / Surgery / Internal Medicine Program.
- The candidate is expected to teach in their area of expertise to Vinmec junior team members, VinUni CHS students in professional (health sciences discipline) and graduate programs.
- Work with the VinUni CHS leaderboard to develop a profile of suitable candidates to teach in the course and participate in selection committees for position appointments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the professional development of faculty members of graduate medical program at VinUni to prepare for future generation of clinical educators.
- Prepare a program for performance appraisal of staff and department chairs as assigned by the leaderboard of VinUni/Vinmec.
Networking, international partnership and other services
- The candidate is expected to take the lead in building up international partnerships for VinUni in Pediatrics / Surgery / Internal Medicine education. This includes cooperation and advocacy work with local stakeholders and partners to satisfy all the requirements to implement graduate medical programs in Vietnam context.
- The candidate will also serve on different science/educational and professional committees of VinUniversity as assigned.
- During the clinical teaching, he/she will also perform clinical practice at VinUniversity affiliated teaching hospitals following the best practice of university teaching hospital model.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit if needed, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for work permit and medical license on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.