Search for University Jobs in Medicine

Job ID: 107774

Assistant, Associate, or Professor in General Surgery
University of Kentucky

Date Posted Jun. 8, 2018
Title Assistant, Associate, or Professor in General Surgery
University University of Kentucky
Department 7H850:SURGERY/GENERAL
Application Deadline Open until filled
Position Start Date Available immediately
  • Lexington, KY
    United States
  • Professor
    Associate Professor
    Assistant Professor
  • Surgery - General

The Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery at the University of Kentucky is currently recruiting for a general surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive surgery.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to enhance the minimally invasive surgery section and provide general surgical services at Good Samaritan Hospital and Chandler Medical Center. Additionally, this person may provide some minimally-invasive and general surgery services to the VA Medical Center.
The individual in this position is expected to provide, develop, and maintain clinical services and teach residents and students in general surgery. The ideal candidate should be adept at providing clinical care and teaching in advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgical skills.
The qualified candidate must have completed an ACGME accredited General Surgery residency program and additional surgical training in minimally invasive techniques. The candidate must be committed to teaching, scholarly activity, and excellence in clinical care.

Academic rank will be dependent upon the candidate’s experience and qualification. Please include a CV along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

Please reference in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.

Contact Information

Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.


Refer this job to a friend or colleague!

New Search | Previous

Looking for a higher education job?