Assistant/Associate Professor (Research)
Goodman Professorship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease RI-MUHC
Reference #: C-180719
Faculty of Medicine – Department of Pediatrics and the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre
The Department of Pediatrics of McGill University and the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) invites applications for the newly established Goodman Professorship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Child Health Research at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC). The successful applicant will hold a full-time academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, as a member of the Contract Academic Staff.
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research center. Located in the vibrant and multicultural city of Montreal, in the province of Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at Canada’s internationally renowned McGill University.
The Research Institute offers a dynamic multidisciplinary research environment that fosters investigator-initiated and discovery-driven research that creates new knowledge in healthcare research along the whole spectrum of investigative activities aimed at improving the health of individual patients across their lifespan. This involves fundamental biomedical research, patient-oriented and applied clinical research, research on health services and health systems, as well as population and health promotion research, including societal and cultural effects on health. Additional information may be found on the web: www.rimuhc.ca.
Laboratory space will be provided in the new state-of-the-art research facilities at the RI-MUHC Glen Campus, which opened in March, 2015.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop an independent, innovative fundamental research program in their own areas of expertise within
the context of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease, which will be competitive for external funding.
- Actively train and support a diverse group of graduate students at the MSc and PhD level as well as
- Disseminate research findings through peer‐reviewed publications, reports, public outreach, and other
knowledge translation and exchange activities.
- The candidate is also expected to be actively involved in all aspects of McGill’s academic mission, and
demonstrate strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas (research, teaching,
supervision of graduate students and involvement in academic and administrative committees).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Ph.D. degree in Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or Immunology and Inflammation.
- Experience in the area of gastrointestinal diseases.
- A minimum of 2 years postdoctoral training or comparable research experience; and an outstanding scientific track record.
Individuals with an IBD research program that includes bioinformatics and/or computational medicine are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Contract Academic Staff
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor
Job status: Full-time
Salary: The salary will be paid directly by the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre,
through the Goodman Foundation. The start-up package and salary will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience
Posting period: 30 days from date of posting
Applications must be submitted on-line at: http://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/positionsavailable
The following supporting documents are required:
- a cover letter & curriculum vitae (as 1 pdf document)
- statement of research (if including other documents, combine to make 1 pdf)
- the names and contact information of three referees