The Department of Medicine in the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo (UB), is seeking an exceptional academic leader to lead and continue to grow the division of general internal medicine, which includes both an inpatient hospitalist section and a primary care outpatient section and to grow the division of internal medicine research.
Successful applicants will be:
- Eligible for appointment at the Associate or Professor level
- Able to demonstrate requisite leadership and administrative skills
- Capable of overseeing undergraduate and graduate medical education in internal medicine
- Committed to quality and compassionate patient care
- Able to oversee the growth of quality, patient outcomes, and clinical research
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
The incoming Division Chief will lead and further develop the clinical operations and scholarship within the division of 121-physician faculty and 26 APPs who work in both practice plan and hospital outpatient clinics. The division includes a Section of Hospitalist Medicine with a recently appointed Director that has 17 faculty and 3 APPs.
The goals of the Division of General Internal Medicine include:
- Providing a patient-centered environment
- Being the leading teachers in patient care and quality improvement
- Cultivating an environment that nurtures and rewards lifelong learning
- Collaborating with colleagues and the healthcare system to attain the best outcomes for patients.
Other opportunities include the charge to recruit and mentor excellent faculty, build a clinical program that fosters excellent clinical service to the community, and grow quality and outcomes research.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/s… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.