A Level A research only academic is expected to carry out activities to develop her/his scholarly, research and/or professional expertise relevant to the profession or discipline.
The key role of this position is to develop and implement a coherent research plan for the assigned project (Dementia toolkit for carers (DeToC): A comprehensive toolkit to support carers of people living with dementia in rural communities). This project aims to develop and test the feasibility of a dementia toolkit to support carers of people living with dementia in the rural communities in ASEAN countries, and provide recommendation for scalability to a regional level. This mixed methods study will be untaken in Malaysia and Vietnam. The Malaysian component of the study will be conducted in South East Asia Community Observatory (SEACO), Segamat, Malaysia. (https://www.monash.edu.my/seaco).
Reporting Line: The position reports to Associate Professor in Global Public Health and Principal Investigator of the project
● Coordination and management of the assigned research project.
● Conduct qualitative interviews with participants in the project.
● Liaise with project investigators in Malaysia and abroad, in a timely manner.
● Disseminate research findings through seminars, conferences, workshops and community engagement meetings.
● Provide support in data collector recruitment, training and supervision
● Monitor operationalization and quality management of data collection
● Coordinate resource acquisition and research management for the project
● Timely preparation and dissemination of project reports and updates
● Contribute to publishing in high quality refereed journals in a manner consistent with disciplinary practice.
● Provide support to develop national and international grant applications related to the project.
● Contribute to engagement with the community and other stakeholders of the research project and platform.
● Foster and promote relationships with professional bodies, industry and affiliated associations, government departments, and the wider community.
● Participate in external activities as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. A master’s qualification or equivalent in public health, health care or related discipline
2. Experience in community based quantitative and qualitative research methods
3. Experience in statistical analysis using STATA, SPSS or R software and qualitative data analysis softwares
4. Excellent writing and communication skills in English and able to speak at least one of the local languages in Malaysia (Malay, Mandarin or Tamil).
5. Demonstrated team work skills
6. Experience in evidence synthesis, community based interventional studies or ageing and dementia research is desirable.
7. Experience of successful project management is desirable
8. Evidence of a record of research outputs in high quality refereed journals
OTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION
▪ Travel to Segamat, Johor is required.
Monash University is Australia’s largest university, and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. Monash is consistently ranked in the world's top 100 universities, reflecting our strong commitment to academic and research excellence.
Monash is a global university, with four local campuses in Australia, as well as international locations in Malaysia, China, Italy, India and Indonesia. A unique alliance with the University of Warwick (UK) sits alongside an array of international collaborations with leading universities and corporations around the world, expanding our global network.
Established in 1998, Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus and one of Malaysia's most respected universities. We were awarded a 6-star SETARA rating by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia in 2017 and 2019, cementing our position in the very top cohort of outstanding universities in the country.
As a research-intensive institution, Monash University Malaysia is Monash's platform for scholarly engagement with Southeast Asia. We offer degrees in arts and social sciences, business, engineering, information technology,medicine and health sciences, pharmacy, and science across seven schools. Our students come from Malaysia and more than 70 countries around the world. We have over 9,000 students and more than 800 staff.
Monash University Malaysia is located in Greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of Southeast Asia’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape, addressing core challenges of sustainable development in the region.
For further information, please visit www.monash.edu.my.
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences
The Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences was established in 2005. The School’s vision is to become a leading medical school in Asia, as measured by the quality and impact of its teaching and research, and, through these, to engage with and serve the community. By pursuing this vision, the school contributes to theUniversity’s mission to improve the human condition by advancing knowledge and fostering creativity.
The School offers the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business, Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours), Master of Professional Counselling, Master of Biomedical Science and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs. The School is envisaged to introduce the Bachelor of Human Nutrition in July 2022
Delivery of the medicine program is spread over several locations with the first two years being taught at the Monash University Malaysia at Main Campus in Bandar Sunway, Selangor while the subsequent three years being taught at the Clinical School in Johor Bahru.
For more information, please visit: http://www.med.monash.edu.my/