Seeking a Senior Research Associate with skills to provide management and administrative support for research and evaluation awards at the Primary Care Research Institute (PCRI) in the Department of Family Medicine . PCRI has a rich history in community and clinical practice-based research and evaluation. We value our community partnerships and conduct research that has a direct impact on people’s lives and strive to achieve health equity.
The Senior Research Associate should have experience working in a social science or public health setting and project management of research studies. Under the supervision of PCRI investigators, the associate will design, manage, and disseminate research and evaluation protocols including, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Meeting and coordinating with project partners.
- Designing and planning epidemiologic study protocols, developing qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments.
- Implementation of the principles of community engagement, community based participatory research that involves organizational and grassroots partners.
- Recruiting/following up with study participants.
- Conducting literature searches and synthesizing results.
- Developing data collection instruments and overseeing data management.
- Leading data analysis, report writing/editing.
- Preparing and managing IRB submissions.
We are seeking a self-directed, highly organized professional, able to develop and execute study protocols, and navigate sponsors’ and university’s policies and procedures.
Examples of the work responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple projects.
- Clear oral and written communication with project partners, funding agencies, and PCRI colleagues, providing critical insight to project teams in relation to development and implementation of research and evaluation protocols.
- Facilitate meetings with project groups, participants, and stakeholders.
- Mentor junior staff to implement protocols and develop research skills.
- Quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, management, and monitoring; statistical and qualitative data analysis.
- Engage community stakeholders as valued members of the research team.
This position requires strong professional judgement and resourcefulness, ability to work independently, accurately handle time-sensitive matters, problem-solve, and maintain confidentiality. The Senior Research Associate must have solid research skills and experience in project management epidemiologic methods; qualitative and quantitative data collection. They must be organized, flexible, able to simultaneously respond to competing demands, and make decisions regarding priority, with minimal supervision.
This position will require on-the-job learning and new skills development pertinent to study procedures, departmental initiatives and changes in UB and sponsor policies and other related regulations. This position requires leadership, maturity, and proactivity.
We are searching for candidates with experience working in a diverse community of students, faculty and staff and who share our collaborative vision to improve the health of our communities locally, regionally and globally. We are looking for individuals who can effectively collaborate within and across PCRI teams and participate in broader departmental activities. Successful applicants will have demonstrated ability to maintain collegial relationships with PCRI external partners including, but not limited to, community partners, primary care practices, collaborating organizations and other external parties.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.