Michael W. Krzyzewski Human Performance Laboratory (K-Lab)
Doctor of Physical Therapy Division, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Duke University School of Medicine
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Division (DPT), the Duke Sports Science Institute, and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University seek to recruit a research scientist in the area of human movement/motion analysis. This appointment is housed in Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University within the DPT division. The ideal candidate exhibits strong collaborative skills, a diverse history of independent and/or collaborative (i.e. Co-investigator) governmental and private funding success and scholarship in varying areas of movement science, engineering, orthopedics, and sports medicine. The research would be based in the Michael W. Krzyzewski Human Performance Lab (K-Lab), a state of the art movement science laboratory.
Minimum Qualifications for this research scientist position include:
1. Candidates must have an earned doctorate (PhD or equivalent doctorate e.g. Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M.) in kinesiology, biomechanics, sports science, bio-engineering, or another closely related area;
2. A history of independent research with 5 + years of postdoctoral experience conducting scientific research. Multiple publications and notable significant contributions to scientific research.
3. Experience working with a diverse professional population (e.g., MD’s, physical therapists, athletic trainers).
1. Strong collaborative skills including experience coordinating or collaborating in a movement science/sports performance laboratory;
2. Proficiency in performing motion capture and analysis, force plate recording and analysis and isokinetic dynamometry testing and analysis;
3. Interests in novel, multidisciplinary sports medicine research;
4. Experience working with diverse patient and student populations;
5. Excellent communication and organizational skills;
Salary is commensurate with qualification and experience. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide a brief synopsis of past movement science/sports oriented research. All interested candidates should send (in confidence) a cover letter and curriculum vitae by January 31, 2021 including contact information for three references by email to Dr. Lou DeFrate.
Louis DeFrate, PhD
Co-Chair, Search Committee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Duke University Medical Center (DUMC)
Box 3093, Durham, NC, 27710
W. Todd Cade, PT, PhD
Co-Chair, Search Committee
Doctor of Physical Therapy Division
Duke University Medical Center
DUMC 104002, Durham, NC 27710 (919) 681-9959