The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Medicine is actively recruiting for a Training Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
The Program Director is responsible for assuring that residents in internal medicine receive training that meets and exceeds the ACGME Special Requirements for Graduate Training. The program director will support the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education/DIO by providing reports on all aspects of graduate medical education and delivery of clinical services provided by the residents.
The Program Director position is responsible for the following areas:
- Building, leading, administering, and supervising all aspects of this Internal Medicine Residency Program. Complying with ACGME Program Requirements including curriculum and faculty development
- Developing standards, quality and reputation of the Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Developing the curriculum, coordinating and presenting didactic lectures, and integrating designated specialty principles with the medical curriculum. Oversee education and clinical care in all program-related patient care areas.
- Monitoring and evaluating resident progress and coordinating resident training with other medical faculty, other clinical providers and staff, and other educational program components and other off-site facilities. Providing direct patient care in inpatient settings or outpatient clinics. Promoting patient safety and resident well-being in a supportive educational environment
- Supervising the Internal Medicine Residency support staff. Supervising and precepting residents in clinical settings. Leading the recruitment of residents into the program on an annual basis. Oversee resident participation in performance improvement plans. Coaching and leading remediation and disciplinary activities as needed
Effort allocation will be 50% for administrative duties as program director and 50% direct patient care and supervision of residents.
The medical corridor in Buffalo has grown considerably, including with a brand-new state-of-the art medical school building housing the JSMBS. This is an opportunity to join an organization focused on the future of medicine-one whose physicians and advanced practitioners partner with their patients to ensure a higher state of care and better outcomes. At the UB Department of Medicine, you will experience a deeper sense of compassion, greater breadth of diversity and a never-ending desire to raise the standard of medical excellence, regionally and nationally.