Assistant / Associate / Full Professor - Biomedical Engineering
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Department of Biomedical Engineering invites applications to fill a full-time tenure-track faculty position of open rank (e.g., Assistant to Full Professor level), to start September 2020. We are especially interested in an individual with strong research expertise in biomechanics, animal models, regenerative medicine with a focus on medical devices, and who would complement and leverage existing departmental and campus strengths. Additionally, candidates whose research will facilitate collaborations with faculty in the Biological Sciences and/or the Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences Departments will be favored. Candidates utilizing new technologies (e.g. nanomedicine, biomaterials, robotics and tissue engineering) available at UMass Lowell are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a vibrant, externally funded research program, and contribute to the department's teaching mission. Teaching responsibilities will include the development and delivery of upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering has seen a tremendous growth in its undergraduate enrollment since the program began in September 2016, with the number of majors nearly doubling every year. The growth in student enrollment and increased need for highly skilled scientists have motivated us to engage in an aggressive plan to increase the size of our faculty by hiring tenured/tenure track faculty members with active research programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Earned doctorate and postdoctoral experience (required at the time of application)
• Demonstrated ability to establish a sustainable externally funded research program
• Demonstrated publication record in scholarly journals
• The ability to work effectively with diverse student and faculty groups
• Demonstrated teaching and mentoring ability at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close once an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
• Please submit a CV, cover letter, statements of research interests and teaching philosophy. Names and email addresses of three references will also be required during the application process. The referees will be notified and should upload recommendation letters. Only recommendation letters that are uploaded to the system by the referee will be accepted. Emailed or hardcopy letters will not be accepted.
To apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/503208/assistant-associate-full-professor-biomedical-engineering
About UMass Lowell:
University of Massachusetts Lowell is located in the greater Boston area that is home to almost 1,000 biomedical and biotechnology companies, ranging from small start-ups to large biotech companies. The vibrant academic environment in the area contributes to one of the largest networks of scientists in North America, which makes it a great setting to foster scientific interactions and collaborations.