Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology Preventive Medicine
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC), Department of Preventive Medicine is seeking a Physician Researcher,Tenure-Track, at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level. This position comes with up to 80% of effort protected for research, with the other 20% allocated to clinical practice responsibilities. A joint appointment in a clinical department or related college would be expected.
UTHSC is a major academic medical center comprised of 6 colleges: Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Graduate Health Sciences, and Health Professions. UTHSC is part of the University of Tennessee system, which spans the state of Tennessee, serving large rural and urban populations. UTHSC has widely respected, federally-funded programs in the areas of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and behavioral health, and boasts considerable clinical research space, a translational research center, consider, established biostatistical support, and a long-standing clinical trials research support system. In addition, Memphis is an African American majority city, making UTHSC research an important contributor to diverse representation in longitudinal clinical trials and cohort studies, such as our Women’s Health Initiative, Look Ahead, Sprint, and the Conditions Affecting Neurocognitive Development and Learning in Early childhood (CANDLE) studies, and DNA registries, such as the Biorepository and Integrative Genomics (BIG) Initiative, a pediatric DNA biorepository established through UTHSC and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital.
The Department of Preventive Medicine, with over 20 full-time faculty members, is a highly collaborative and transdisciplinary department that includes expertise in preventive medicine, biostatistics, epidemiology, behavioral research, health services research, community outreach, and clinical studies. Although this is primarily a research position, the successful candidate is also expected to contribute to ongoing grants in a clinical researcher Co-Investigator role, and the academic mission of Department of Preventive Medicine through teaching, mentoring students, and departmental service. Opportunity for collaborations with many clinical practices across the region is encouraged. These include Baptist Memorial Healthcare, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis VA Medical Center, Regional One Medical Center, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
This position comes with a generous start-up package, relocation costs, and excellent medical and educational benefits through the state of Tennessee.
Medical degree (MD, DO);
Eligible for TN medical licensure;
Demonstrated ability to produce peer-reviewed publications, and have potential to obtain extramural funding (i.e., NIH R01 awards or equivalent);
Experience proposing and implementing epidemiologic and clinical studies which may include observational studies, diagnostic studies, and/or randomized trials;
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested applicants should electronically submit a copy of their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and three references to the Search Committee Chair, email@example.com. Please include the position posting number in the subject line. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 920 Madison Avenue, Suite 825, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, telephone 901-448-2112 (V/TTY available). Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.