The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo (UB), State University of New York, Department of Family Medicine, Addiction Medicine Division, is seeking an exceptional academic leader to lead and continue to grow the division of addiction medicine, which includes both an inpatient withdrawal and stabilization unit at Erie County Medical Center (ECMC) and several outpatient settings.
The Vice Chair for Addiction Medicine will work within the Department of Family Medicine to standardize clinical approaches and facilitate opportunities for interested faculty, residents, fellows and students to engage in clinical work, education, addiction research and other scholarly activities. The position carries a minimum of 20% protected time for institutional leadership with a public health impact.
· Lead, strengthen and grow addiction medicine division.
· Supervise addiction medicine faculty and administrative support personnel.
· Fundraise to establish a UB Foundation/UBMD Addiction Medicine Account to support the mission of the addiction medicine division, with funding targeted preferentially to education, research and community outreach.
· Liaise with Family Medicine and other UB training departments to keep them apprised of addiction medicine and to recruit potential fellows and faculty.
· Work with UB/Family Medicine IT to develop addiction medicine web pages and social media presence.
· Promote addiction medicine division as a source of consultation, support and scholarship both locally and regionally.
· Provide excellence, evidence-based, compassionate clinical service to those struggling with addiction disorders.
· Work with the Chair of Family Medicine, Chief Financial Officer/Practice Plan Administrator and community partners to optimize opportunities for addiction medicine faculty physicians and advanced practice providers (APP’s) and ensure consistency and high quality service to community partners and patients.
· Work with Department of Family Medicine CFO to ensure financial stability and sustainability of current and future initiatives.
· Develop unified, evidence-based treatment protocols that are practices by addiction medicine providers.
· Expand the number of providers and clinical service to the Western New York community.
· Teach and mentor faculty and trainees, across disciplines, in addiction medicine.
· Oversee addiction medicine fellowship (support fellowship director).
· Create Speaker Series and outreach programs to provide education for faculty, residents, fellows, students, primary care practices, area hospitals, places of worship/schools and other community groups.
· Work on expanding opportunities for interested faculty, residents, fellows and students to engage in addiction medicine research and other scholarly activities.
· Facilitate partnering with current research endeavors and assist with development of new ones.
· Partner with the public health system and others in the community to impact public health by effectively preventing and treating the disease of addiction, targeting opioid addiction.
· Develop Hub and Spoke model with addiction medicine providing expertise and consultation.
· Establish connections with community partners/leaders.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.