The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo (UB), State University of New York, the Department of Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine-Hospitalists, is seeking qualified Hospitalists with exceptional clinical and academic skills. Hospitalists will be serve as clinical faculty and will be overseeing the care of patients at two of our major affiliated hospital systems.
Qualified candidates will be appointed at the Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor level.
Overall duties include but not limited to:
• The Hospitalists admits and rounds on all patients assigned to the Hospitalist Service (primarily adult, MedSurg, Telemetry patients) and/or patients that the service consults on. As the MICU, CCU and OBS are closed units, the Hospitalist Physician is NOT responsible for these admissions.
• During an average shift, the Physician will round on approximately 16 patients admit approximately 2 patients.
• Common conditions managed are CVAs , Acute Coronary Syndrome, CHF, COPD, Pneumonia and Sepsis.
• The Hospitalists teams are not responsible for rapid response or codes.
• The successful candidate also will be expected to take advantage of the many opportunities for teaching medical students, resident supervision and training based on experience.
This is an opportunity to join an organization focused on the future of medicine- one whose physicians and advanced practitioners partner with their patients to ensure a higher state of care and better outcomes. At UB Department of Medicine, you will experience a deeper sense of compassion, greater breadth of diversity and a never-ending desire to raise the standard of medical excellence, regionally and nationally.