The Faculty of Medicine of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), set in Brussels at the heart of Europe, is actively looking for a new full-time, tenured, academic for a chair in Histology. We are looking for a highly skilled medical or biomedical scientist with a significant insight in modern cell and tissue imaging techniques. Our main campus encompasses leading laboratories in cancer research, neuroscience, diabetes research, stem cells, immunology, microbiology and cardio-vascular and reproductive physiology and also includes the Erasme hospital and the Bordet Institute. The basic science developed in these fields benefit from high level technological platforms in genomics, cell sorting, transgenesis and light microscopy. The close proximity with these world-class hospitals nurture the development of ambitious translational research and teaching programs. Further, our Faculty is also present within the Biopark on our Gosselies campus, where scientists are in close proximity with leading-edge biomedical research industries.
The successful candidate would develop his/her research activities in the more appropriate department depending on his/her research thematics. Neurosciences could be privileged but an activity in any field of research is not excluded. He/she will be in charge of a teaching chair including different teaching units related to Histology. He/she will benefit from the assistance of full-time assistants in charge of practical exercises and the help of a technician.
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate his/her ability to develop and conduct a high-level scientific research activity in life sciences.
The applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree in Medical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biological Sciences or equivalent and must demonstrate important scientific achievements.
More details are available at http://wwwdev.ulb.ac.be/greffe/files/6632.pdf and applicants should submit the electronic files containing all the required contents directly to the Rector of the University and the Dean of the Faculty as described under this link.
Applications must be sent by e-mail jointly to the Rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Dean of the Faculty (email@example.com).
Applications must be submitted with the following documents:
- An application lettre
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. A standard outline can be downloaded at https://www.ulb.be/fr/documents-officiels/completer-votre-cv-en-ligne
- Documentation attesting to four years of post-doctoral research experience
- A report on previous and current research activities, as well as a research project – including a presentation of how the applicant plans to integrate with ULB research teams
- A teaching report on previous teaching experience and a teaching project for the first five years in this position and its integration into the Medical and Biomedical bachelor program
- A note on international accomplishments and projects
- The names and e-mail addresses of five reference persons (respecting the gender balance) who may be contacted by those in charge of evaluating applications. These people cannot be in a conflict of interest because of family or personal ties.
The permanent appointment to the academic staff of ULB is made at the rank of "First Assistant" (Premier Assistant), if the candidate has had a PhD for less than eight years (on 1 October of the year of appointment). If the candidate has had a PhD for eight or more years, on 1 October of the year of appointment, then the appointment is made at the rank "Lecturer" (Chargé de Cours).