The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Behling Simulation Center, seeks to fill a dynamic and essential role within the center. Located in the vibrant Jacobs Medical School Building downtown, the Operations Specialist’s primary duties will be to support the clinical scenarios occurring in the center, particularly they must have the ability to prepare, operate and maintain the mannequins which are used in teaching scenarios. They will maintain the facility in an organized and clean manner, ensuring that the facility is stocked with disposable and other equipment needed for these scenarios.
This position will:
- Work with faculty and staff on the development of non-existing procedure trainers and modifications of existing trainers.
- Demonstrate and teach technical aspects of simulation and operations to faculty members and other users.
- With Office of Medical Computing, maintain and organize network attached storage systems. Troubleshoot and confirm functionality of network computers and their peripherals.
- Make recommendations to the director on the need to replace failing equipment or integrate new capabilities.
- Provide tours of the center to groups of interested constituents.
- Experience as an standardized patient trainer or simulation trainer
- Familiarity with simulation participant and other medical simulation program
Two years of work in medical education and or simulation
Our Mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care. More information can be found at http://medicine.buffalo.edu/