The Tufts Scientific and Clinical Research Center/Research Administration is the scientific and administrative nucleus for all research activities at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Within this structure, the Division of Craniofacial and Molecular Genetics performs research focusing on the development and regeneration of craniofacial skeletal elements and teeth. The focus of this research concerns elucidating molecular signals regulating craniofacial and tooth development as a means to improve clinical applications for repair and regeneration of craniofacial and dental tissues in humans.
Research Technician needed in Tufts Boston Tissue Engineering lab to pursue studies on an NIH funded grant. The Yelick Laboratory is located on the Tufts Medical Campus in Boston.
What You'll Do
This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
Under the close supervision of the Primary Investigator, Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate Students, the Research Technician will work to create and characterize bioengineered alveolar jaw bone and tooth constructs.
- Zebrafish mutant line breeding and screening transgenic embryos
- Primary Cell Tissue Culture Techniques
- Genotyping (PCR and electrophoresis)
- Basic bench techniques including preparing solutions, sterile technique tissue culture
- Molecular biology techniques - DNA, RNA isolation
- Histology and Immunohistochemistry - sectioning, staining and immunostaining tissues
- Genome editing techniques
- Single cell embryo microinjection
- Imaging - whole mount, live, confocal and tissue sections
- Preparing and analysis of bulk and single-cell sequencing samples
- Basic laboratory tasks and ordering supplies
- Ensuring that safe laboratory practices are followed, including the use and disposal of chemicals and hazardous materials
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a recent Bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or related field
- Prior wet lab bench (academic or industry) experience and expertise in and/or knowledge of Tissue Engineering approaches for mineralized tissue regeneration, scaffold fabrication, primary cell culture, histological and immunohistochemical analyses of mineralized tissues
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.