The Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacology. We are looking for a dedicated, innovative individual who aspires to work collaboratively with our faculty to produce the next generation of osteopathic physicians. Our mission is focused on excellence in education, research, clinical care, and service.
JOB SUMMARY: A Pharmacology Faculty member is required to serve as an educator in medically-oriented Pharmacology in order to fulfill the curricular needs of all learning pathways at LECOM Erie and to contribute to the mission of the college through research and service. The successful candidate is knowledgeable and qualified to teach Pharmacology at a medical college level.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are a list of Academic Exercises that may be required as a member of the Basic Science Faculty from time to time:
- Teach Pharmacology to preclinical medical students;
- Prepare lectures, lecture notes, learning objectives, Power Point slides, exam questions, and syllabi;
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation;
- Serve as Problem Based Learning (PBL) facilitator;
- Serve as content expert in area of expertise;
- Provide examination questions for exams in area of expertise for all pathways;
- Interview prospective candidates for the College of Medicine (COM);
- Serve as advisor/mentor to assigned students, providing counseling and guidance;
- Serve as advisor to at least one student club;
- Serve on committees, as assigned;
- Provide, at minimum, one scholarly activity or research project yearly;
- Preparation of educational tools (A/V, demonstration models, lectures, lesson plans…etc.);
- Prepare demonstrations, small group discussions, and the selection of suggested and required reading from various sources, and coordinating these educational tools with other faculty members for students in all pathways;
- Prepare evaluation tools that will aid in the evaluation of students’ work product and help to identify students that are discovered to be weak in various areas;
- Participate in faculty and professional development opportunities;
- Attend “Team” meetings approved by COM that require advancement of your profession;
- Faculty member will contribute and be responsible for overall student success, including, but not limited to, advising and student outcomes;
- Faculty member will contribute directly to the Mission of LECOM embodying the essence of Osteopathic Principles and Practices by assisting with Institutional fundraising and participating in the LECOM Scholarship Auction;
- Faculty member will participate in scholarly activity so to enrich and broaden the student learning experience;
- Faculty member will commit to being a representative of LECOM by being actively involved in the community, including, but not limited to, serving on Boards, participating in community fundraisers and overall outreach; and
- Must be able to take direction and receive assignments from the Assistant/Associate Dean of Pre-Clinical Education;
- Must be available for work during the hours assigned, for student instruction;
- Accept other duties assigned/needed for the Institution’s needs.
An applicant must complete the online application and upload current CV (curriculum vitae) to the application site. The applicant must also email to email@example.com the following: a cover letter outlining how he/she would enhance the LECOM family, a statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information on LECOM, visit our website at www.lecom.edu.