UBMD Pediatrics and Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo (WCHOB) in Buffalo, NY seek a Pediatric Sleep Medicine Specialist. Candidates with residency training in Pediatrics and subspecialty training in Sleep Medicine and Pulmonology are preferred, with the ability to read and interpret sleep studies, MSLTs, and CPAP/BiPAP titration studies. An interest in academics and research is highly preferred as this position will have an academic appointment through the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo.
- Opportunity at all academic ranks
- Willing to transition into Director position of the Sleep Laboratory at the hospital
- Participate with sleep physicians in the community
- Must be BC/BE in Sleep Medicine, with a primary interest in Pediatrics
- Inpatient and outpatient care for patients, ages newborn through young adulthood
- Opportunity to work with robust clinical research teams and develop a clinical research program in collaboration with multidisciplinary clinics for neuromuscular disease, cystic fibrosis, and medically complex patients
- Teaching medical students and residents and sleep medicine fellows
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including 401K, health insurance and professional liability coverage
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology provides care for patients with all chronic lung diseases.
The Division is supported by a multidisciplinary team including four physicians, two nurse practitioners, three research coordinators, three respiratory therapists, two pulmonary function technologists, a dietitian and a social worker, and has state-of-the-art bronchoscopy, PFT and exercise testing equipment. Potential clinical and scholarly synergy exists with the Division of Pulmonary Medicine at Buffalo General Hospital for teaching and clinical care with sleep medicine, the Division of Allergy/Immunology & Rheumatology for innovation in asthma care delivery, and the Division of Neonatology for research in respiratory outcomes of premature infants.
Must have MD or equivalent and be BC/BE in Sleep Medicine, with a primary interest in Pediatrics
An interest in academics and research is highly preferred