Adjunct Medical-Surgical Clinical Faculty, multiple positions
he School of Nursing ad Health Professions seeks to hire part-time (adjunct) medical-surgical nursing faculty to assume teaching responsibilities for undergraduate nursing students in a clinical setting. Applicants must hold a California RN License.
Full Job Description:
The clinical faculty member will be assume responsibility and accountability for:
- Facilitating student learning in the clinical setting by coaching students to translate knowledge into the attitudes and skills required to give safe high quality patient care
- Supervise student groups in the clinical setting (maintains presence in clinical setting during the entire clinical student time unless assigned to Capstone course when student has individual preceptor)
- Evaluating student performance in the clinical setting; provide frequent student feedback to enable success; meeting the student at mid term and end of course to assign grades
- Attending departmental meetings
- Bachelor's degree in nursing with evidence of an established area of clinical expertise and demonstrable skills.
- Experience in clinical teaching, student supervision, and teaching methods are desired but to required.
- Other clinical/agencies requirements as needed.
** One year of full time direct patient care experience within the last 5 years in the clinical area that corresponds to the teaching assignment (medical surgical, pediatrics, obstetrics, geriatrics, psychiatric mental health nursing, or community health nursing). Acute care clinical experience in these clinical areas is preferred but not required for teaching community health related courses.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Clinical faculty maintains current RN licensure. AHA Professional Rescuer CPR, and Health Records titers and immunization.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Adjunct/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Adjunct-Medical-Surgical-Clinical-Faculty--multiple-positions_R0002410.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.