Division Chief, General Ob/Gyn
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. With 4 community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care & Specialty Practices, we offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start or advance their career.
Baystate Medical Center’s Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology is seeking an experienced Ob/Gyn Generalist to serve as Division Chief.
Position Highlights -
- Opportunity to provide leadership to our well-established team of 18 ob/gyn generalists with support and collaboration from 4 Medical Directors within the Division.
- Our division handles >1500 deliveries annually with a focus on minimally-invasive surgery in gyn and enjoys strong subspecialty support in MFM, urogynecology, gyn/onc, REI and midwifery. Two members of the division are fellowship trained in Family Planning and two are Pediatric/Adolescent Gynecology trained.
- Combination of clinical care and resident / medical student teaching with faculty appointment at
University of Massachusetts School of Medicine. Our new satellite medical school on campus offers robust opportunity for academic growth. We have 24 ob/gyn residents.
- Promote scholarship, including clinical, QI and academic research and provide scholarly mentorship to the team.
- Ample opportunity to develop a subspecialty niche and expand professional interests and leadership skills.
- We seek a highly-organized and strategic leader to capitalize on the energy our division has to continue building upon strengths and solving challenges.
Qualified applicants will be board certified Ob/Gyn generalists with demonstrated leadership and academic backgrounds that will help us elevate our national recognition. Candidates must be able to work clinically in full scope obstetrics and gynecology. Training in MIGS or Family Planning a plus.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Heather Sankey, Chair of the Department of Ob/Gyn
c/o Melissa Hale
Phone: 413-794-2624 Fax: 413-794-5059
Reinventing healthcare takes courage. It takes collaboration. It takes you.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.