The Senior Research Manager will provide detailed plans for strategy that may result from trends and change in overall direction of functional and/or organizational responsibilities; monitor completed work of others to ensure soundness of research approach; demonstrate effectiveness in meeting the requirements of funding agencies; adherence to University at Buffalo policies and procedures; consider the feasibility of recommendations; follow all requirements of scientific and administrative NIH partners and project officers.
Overall, the Senior Research Manager will evaluate and enhance University at Buffalo practices that promote a strong commitment to inclusionary practices supporting diversity, safety, and environmental consciousness throughout the University; demonstrate diplomacy, discernment and discretion in persuading and influencing diverse constituencies to achieve results; resolve complex, controversial or unprecedented issues and problems, and demonstrate sound judgment by considering values, risks, impact, and implications of actions throughout organizations; set clear expectations and hold management team accountable for effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating their respective staffs; develop, evaluate, enhance, and/or implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures, or policies that have a holistic impact on operations.
- 10+ years of pediatric operations management experience in academic medical centers
- 5+ years of scientific experience as a funded scientist and/or investigator
- Master’s degree and demonstrated record of funding and publications in the health sciences
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grants and proposals and providing assistance on publications
- Bi-lingual preferred with interest in community outreach and patient experience
PhD or MD