Counseling and Psychological Services of Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking candidates for one of two newly funded full-time Staff Psychotherapist positions. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- This is a hybrid position which requires four days a week of work on-site and allows for one day a week of remote work.
- The CAPS clinic is open 9-5 weekdays, and until 9pm on Monday and Wednesday. Work shifts can be chosen during any of these available times.
The Staff Psychotherapist will operate as a generalist who provides a full range of clinical services including individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, outreach and consultation. Additional duties may include supervision and training of mental health graduate students. Additionally, CAPS adheres to a short-term treatment model and we are seeking a clinician who can effectively provide time limited psychotherapy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides initial clinical assessment, counseling and psychotherapy, group counseling, daytime on-call coverage, crisis intervention, outreach, and consultation services to the university community.
- Maintains up-to-date case files as dictated by current professional standards.
- Adheres to ethical principles of corresponding profession.
- Facilitates psychiatric hospitalization for students as required
- May be asked to provide training and supervision to mental health graduate students
- On rare occasions after-hours or weekend outreach at major university events may be required as well.
- NJ licensure in good standing as Clinical Social Worker, Professional Counselor or Mental Health Counselor.
- Multicultural competence and skill in working with students from a diversity of backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience providing psychological care in a University Counseling setting
- Demonstrated competence in outreach and prevention program planning and implementation
- Demonstrated specialization within the mental health field
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and stressors facing graduate and international students.
- Experience in providing clinical services to students pursuing studies in STEM.
- Experience in assessment and treatment of young adults with autism spectrum disorders.
Please include CV and Cover Letter as well as contacts for three recent professional references
To learn more about CAPS, candidates are invited to visit our home page: (stevens.edu/CAPS) prior to submitting their application materials.
Counseling and Psychological Services
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: https://www.stevens.edu/police