Search for University Jobs in Medicine
[AY 23-24] Director - Medical Doctor Program
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinES and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes).
We are seeking a physician and medical education leader for the role of Program Director of the MD program within the College of Health Sciences (CHS). The Program Director for the MD program will report to the Vice Dean for Medical Education, and will work closely with and support the Vice Dean with ongoing development and realization of the vision and goals of the MD Program. In addition, the PD will work with other leaders and colleagues across the University to pursue shared goals, effectively communicate the Program and College’s vision and mission, and secure necessary support from constituencies within and external to VinUniversity. The Program Director will also teach formal courses in the MD program that aligns with their skillset, as well as pursue research projects in their specific field of expertise. This role is expected to be 1.0 FTE.
Program development and leadership:
- Work closely with the leaders of the college, other Program Directors, and staff on all aspects of the development and implementation of the MD Program, including admissions, assessment, faculty development, and student experience.
- Take a lead and responsibility for the development and implementation of the curriculum for the MD program at VinUni.
- Provide leadership on course development, curriculum development and implementation, course quality assurance and improvement, and professional accreditation preparation, application and maintenance.
- Provide leadership at course levels for implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency based education, student centered learning, remediation, teacher appraisal and progression to post graduate programs.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the courses ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the program.
- Manage and oversee program-related budgets allocated to the MD program.
- Work closely with the VinUni CHS graduate medical education (GME) leaders to facilitate seamless integration of the clinical teaching environment into the MD program experience.
Human Resource development, mentoring, and teaching:
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and sponsorship for faculty members in the MD Program.
- Teach formal courses in your area of expertise to MD students. Serve as guest lecturer for other courses when requested.
- Work with the leaderboard to develop a profile of suitable candidates to teach in courses and participate in selection committees for faculty appointments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the professional development of faculty members at VinUni to prepare for future generations of faculty leaders.
- Prepare a program for performance appraisal of staff and faculty as assigned by the leaderboard of VinUni.
Networking, international partnership, research and other services:
- The program director is expected to take the lead in building up international partnerships for VinUni to provide opportunities for MD program students, faculty and staff in the following aspects: educational exchanges, research opportunities, professional development, collaborative projects.
- The program director is expected to establish and maintain a research portfolio that leads to scholarly productivity in the form of conference presentations, abstracts, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Serve on different science/educational and professional committees of VinUniversity as assigned.
- For practicing physicians, the Program Director will also provide clinical services (part-time) at VinUniversity affiliated teaching facilities following the best practices of the academic medical center.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Doctoral (MD) degree required, preferably from a prestigious institution.
- Strong track record in medical education program development and implementation with international standards and accreditation.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills in an academic setting.
- Verbal communication skills in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Experience in coaching/mentoring educators.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team environment.
- At least five years’ successful experience in progressively responsible teaching, research, educational, and administrative leadership positions in a university setting.
- Experience with accreditation (e.g. ACGME, ACGME-I, LCME, etc.) and ranking systems such as QS preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at VinUniversity. For this role, English fluency is required (verbal, written). The minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
- For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
- An appreciative understanding of the challenges that inevitably arise from the operation of a new University, with the patience, resilience, and ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents of an institution to effectively resolve challenges and build opportunities to promote the mission and vision of the College/University.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/132805 and submit a cover letter, a resume and a list of two references.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |