Department of Social Medicine. This is a full time, 11-month, non-tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction. The qualified candidate will hold a PhD in the areas of social & health sciences, medical ethics, bioethics, biomedical ethics, health policy sciences, public health, population health, or closely related fields. This position offers candidates an opportunity to deliver team-based, interdisciplinary learning activities within an innovative curriculum that integrates biomedical, social, and clinical science content. Candidates must have teaching experience at the college/university level with willingness to learn new technology platforms.
The successful candidate will be housed within the Department of Social Medicine, a multi-disciplinary department comprised of social scientists who study health policy and politics, the social determinants of health, and factors affecting clinical decision-making. (https://www.ohio.edu/medicine/about/departments/social). The successful candidate will be based in the College’s Dublin campus.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach medical students, representing about 80% of their time. Responsibilities include:
· Develop and deliver educational activities in a variety of active learning Modalities including:
• Case-based learning
• Integrated learning labs
• Small group coaching
• Problem-based learning
• Contribute to writing the social and public health aspects of educational medical cases
• Develop learning activities and pre-learning materials, including reading assignments, pre-recorded lectures, and live, interactive learning labs
• Serve as social medicine content expert for topics within the candidate’s area of expertise
• Create assessment questions for learning activities
• Facilitate small groups
• Serve on departmental and college-level committees
• PhD required by 8/1/2022 in areas of social & health sciences, medical ethics, bioethics, biomedical ethics, health policy sciences, public health, population health, or closely related fields
• Teaching experience at the college/university level with willingness to learn new technology platforms
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For additional information visit:
· Ohio University www.ohio.edu
· Heritage College www.ohio.edu/medicine
For full consideration, please complete the online application by May 31, 2022 at https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/41269 and attach the following documents: CV, cover letter, contact information for three professional references and a statement of teaching philosophy. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.