The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Medicine is actively recruiting for a Clerkship Director for Internal Medicine.
The primary responsibilities of the Clerkship Director are the development, operation, evaluation, and enhancement of the internal. The Clerkship Director will lead a collaborative team composed of individuals with the appropriate breadth and depth of expertise, background, training, and experience in medical education. Working with the Office of Medical Education (OME) team, they will develop the clerkship structure, learning objectives, required clinical experiences, didactic curriculum, and assessments that meet the goals of the clerkship experience.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- MD degree
- Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Office of Medical Education
- Current certification in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine, or specialty qualifications that are acceptable to the Office of Medical Education
- Minimum of five years of experience as a faculty member in an accredited internal medicine teaching program
- At least three years of medical education administrative experience prior to appointment
- Experience in both inpatient and outpatient care in general internal medicine or a subspecialty of internal medicine
- Eligible for medical licensure in the State of New York
- Current and unrestricted DEA Certificate
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Capable of ensuring a high level of cooperation and communication among his/her faculty and staff.