Postdoctoral position available to study how the metabolism of the protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii impacts its growth and virulence. Projects include defining how the parasite senses oxygen, regulates host protein stability, and alters host metabolism. In this position, you will:
- solve research problems, assist in designing research methodologies, perform research, and summarize and share research results with the PI
- prepare proposals/applications for extramural and/or intramural funding
- present research results to faculty, students and/or other scientific staff
- prepare research results for publication in scholarly journals
- attend seminars and meetings
- assist in teaching and training of graduate, undergraduate, and other scientific staff
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.