The Department of Psychiatry at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo, is seeking a Research Assistant Professor to join the team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Provide psychological services to juvenile population in custody at ECSD to include the following:
- intake evaluations
- ongoing assessments monitoring treatment progress
- psychological testing to inform treatment plans
- individual interventions, psychotherapy, and supportive counseling
- group treatment interventions
- Oversee development and implementation of behavioral support plans
- Provide consultation and supervision to juvenile justice counselors (JJCS)
- Consult with facility physicians
- Provide mental health trainings as needed
- Complete court-ordered evaluations
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.