The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator in the department of Ophthalmology. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting research involving biosample collection, processing, management and analysis related to systems biology and genomic approaches.
* Participate/assist the Principal Investigator in performing research on blinding eye conditions, including age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and other eye diseases. Will also examine co-morbid conditions that co-segregate with blinding conditions including Alzheimer disease, dyslipidemia, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, etc.,
* Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of systems biology and genomics.
* Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
* Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
* Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies as needed.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.eduUniversity at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.