The Department of Pediatrics, University at Buffalo (UB), Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and Oishei Children’s Hospital is actively recruiting for a part- or full-time position in the Division of Developmental Pediatrics & Rehabilitation; a pediatric physiatrist to focus on physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R). Position Highlights:
- Primarily outpatient care focused on pediatric patients with spasticity/cerebral palsy, spina bifida, childhood onset disabilities, global and specific developmental delays
- Opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary clinics including Spasticity, Muscular Dystrophy and Spina Bifida. Collaborating specialties include neurosurgery, urology, neurology, physical and occupational therapies
- Inpatient consultation for traumatic brain injury and other neurorehabilitation needs to be shared with other members of the team
- Call taken at home
- Opportunity to perform Botox injections for pediatric patients in procedure area, under anesthesia
- Faculty appointment at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biological Medicine provides vast opportunities for scholarly work, clinical education, growth and collaboration in a rich academic environment
- Salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits
Those with special interests in research or medical education in pediatric PM&R are strongly encouraged to apply. New graduate and experienced physicians are welcome to apply. Leadership opportunities are available for qualified candidates.
UBMD Pediatrics is one of 18 practice plans within UBMD Physicians’ Group, the single largest medical group in the area, and we are supported by 14 pediatric subspecialties. Our physicians also make up the academic teaching faculty within the Department of Pediatrics at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo. UB is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer/recruiter.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
Board Certified or Eligible in Pediatrics, PM&R, Physician MD/DO licensed in New York or eligible for medical licensure