Search for University Jobs in Medicine
Senior Research Associate
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The Department of Pediatrics, Chair seeks
- Direct the Research Associate 2 manage multiple NIH funded studies including study transfers to UB.
- Lead the research team for a large scale research portfolio
- Manage institutional transition of PIs grants/programs
- Assist with grant and project efforts to perform all projects related activities according to project milestones/deliverables/budget in a manner consistent with stated project timelines and deliverables.
- Help maintain protocols, operation manuals and study forms. Ensure quality control of the study data: core facilities and the research enrollment and procedures at the participating sites.
- Develop institutionally-specific SOPs with training and adherence protocol
- Assist with IRB compliance and submission including remote monitoring of the site study and regulatory materials.
- Assist with data collection process and summary reports, data entry and query resolution, and data analysis.
- Act as primary liaison between coordinating centers and participating sites.
- Help setup and manage the echo and biospecimen core facility at UB.
- Help Prepare dissemination of results through summary reports, manuscript writing and editing.
- Performs scientific investigation of content to support grants, journal activities, and other materials related to the projects.
- Participate in the development of abstracts, future grants and manuscripts and budgets. Assist with the research dataset analysis and management.
- Participate in planning of future protocols. Provide support in the development of study design and implementation.
- Provide logistical and on-site support for scientific retreats, meeting, and conferences (in and out of town).
- Help basic research laboratories comply with proper lab policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of abstracts and research presentations.
- Help train and mentor graduate/undergraduate students.
- Participate in scientific writing groups.
- Collaborate with participating investigators, sites, and foundations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience managing NIH/Pharm studies.
- Previous experience managing complex, multi-site studies.
- IRB background.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and EndNote.
- Motivated team-based worker with ability for independent work.
- Accommodating disposition and comfort with fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Some travel to research locations and national/international meetings is needed.
- Master’s preferred.
- Previous experience in pediatric clinical in pediatric oncology and/or cardiomyopathy preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Scientific manuscript writing/editing/submission experience.
- Some knowledge of budget development.
- Experience in basic research and database management.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |