The appointee to the position is expected to perform teaching, mentorship, research and clinical practice in adult urology. The appointee will have responsibility for teaching medical students and urology residents and residents in other clinical disciplines.
It is expected that the appointee will conduct clinical research in areas such as adult male and female urology, neurology, urodynamics, pelvic floor dysfunction or disorders of urinary continence. The appointee will in these research endeavors ensure the engagement of and will mentor.
The appointee will have successfully completed residency training in adult male and female urology and will care for patients with "general" urologic problems such as obstruction, urolithiasis, infections of the urinary tract and urologic malignancies.
It is anticipated however that the candidate will have fellowship training in treating disorders of urinary continence, disorders of the pelvic floor, function and genitourinary trauma and reconstruction of the urinary tract. The appointee therefore will be expected to develop a clinical and research program of excellence in the domains of his/her fellowship training as described above.
The appointee will provide general urologic clinical services as outlined above and to develop with time a robust practice in clinical urology. The appointee in particular however is expected to develop a program of clinical excellence in genitourinary trauma, reconstruction, female urology, pelvic floor disorders and disorders of urinary continence.
- MD or DO degree
- Completion of Urology Residency
- Approved by American Board of Urology (MD) or Osteopathic Board of Urology (DO)
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility for Certification by appropriate Board as above.
- Eligibility for New York State Medical License
- Fellowship training of at least one year in duration to include female urology, neururology, urodynamics, reconstruction, and urinary continence and genitourinary trauma.
Contact’s Name Gerald Sufrin, MD
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-859-2212