We are interested in candidates with graduate or post-graduate level expertise in research on host-pathogen interactions. Our projects focus on understanding the interaction between Streptococcus pneumoniae and neutrophils in aged hosts. The overall goal is to uncover host and bacterial factors that drive susceptibility to infection with an ultimate goal of elucidating preventative approaches. This project will utilize aged animal models of pneumonia and in vitro assays to model neutrophil/bacterial interaction.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent degree from a foreign university in Microbiology and Immunology
- Experience in the area of host/pathogen interaction
- Experience in cell biology techniques and procedures
- Experience in imaging (microscopy)
- Experience working with research animals (specifically, mice)
- Ability to publish and present research data.
Contact’s Name Dr. Elsa Bou Ghanem
Contact’s Title Assistant Professor
Contact’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact’s Phone 716-829-2422