An Assistant Lecturer is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of Monash University Malaysia, particularly at undergraduate level, and to carry out activities to develop their scholarly, research and/or professional expertise relevant to the discipline.
1. The key result areas of Research, Teaching and Service are the basis for the primary duties and responsibilities of the role. A workload will be agreed annually with the Head of Neuroscience in the Performance Development Plan process. Other duties may be required from time to time as directed by the Head of Neuroscience.
2. Undertake competitive research and high quality research in the Neuroscience discipline / field.
3. Contribute to enhancing the University’s international reputation through research publications of appropriate quantity and quality.
4. Undertake administrative functions associated with research activities.
5. Participate in the delivery of research led educational programs as required by the Director of BRIMS.
6. As a member of the university, campus and school community, demonstrate the highest possible standards of professional and personal conduct, both as an individual and as part of a team, and commit to regular engagement in personal, professional and team development.
7. Involve in relevant professional activity.
8. Attend disciplinary and/or school meetings and/or membership of a limited number of committees
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Progress towards a PhD in a Neuroscience academic discipline or related discipline
Knowledge and Skills
2. A demonstrated capacity and enthusiasm to independently undertake and publish research.
3. High quality teaching experience at tertiary level, especially at first year level.
4. Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrated high level interpersonal skills with a willingness and capacity to contribute to the collegial activities of BRIMS / School and to work collaboratively towards the enhancement of the BRIMS / School environment for all staff and students.
5. Good organisational and administrative skills, high level of oral, written, IT and administrative/ organisational skills.
6. Experience of working collaboratively with industry and community engagement.
7. Commitment to quality teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to recruit@ monash.edu and quote the job number.